Stewardship is one of our core values at One Village Coffee. It can be defined as actively protecting or being responsible for something. For us, choosing a compostable bag was one way of being stewards of our earth and future generations of coffee drinkers.
To compost our bag:
- Cut out the degassing valve and resealable zipper
- Throw the bag in your compost bin
- Pull out the remaining layer after 60-90 days and throw away - this layer will decompose over time
Don't forget to compost these other coffee items:
- Coffee grounds
- Coffee filters (if applicable)
- Coffee chaff (if you roast)
Join us in our stewardship campaign #ovcstewards and compost away!