In The Kitchen | Coffee Push-Pops
Summer is in full swing, making itself known through its long summer days, the butterflies living off the flowers, and the singing cicadas you hear every morning (at least you'll hear them if you're in PA). As soon as the cicada's lift their voices, I know the hot summer days will be sticking around for a few weeks (quite literally)!
It's been my mission to think of fun ways to cool off in the intense summer heat, especially when jumping into a body of water isn't always possible! Thankfully, with the age of Pinterest and the endless amounts of DIY recipes and projects, there is always a pin that inspires your own ideas! So when I saw these push-pop sleeves, I knew I had to make my own push-pops with coffee. Let's be honest...who wouldn't?
This DIY is AWESOME, because just like brewing a hot cup of coffee, there is more than 1 way to enjoy it!
Coffee Push-Pops (as you see here) |
- Brew a normal pot of drip over ice coffee (AKA - flash brew). Head over to our Brewing Guide for step by step instructions
- Once fully brewed, open up a Popsicle sleeve, and pour the iced coffee until the fill line has been reached
- Stop pouring, seal and place in your freezer for up to 4 hours
- Take the push-pops out of your freezer, open and enjoy!
- Most of us have a large canister of Cold Brew hiding in our fridge! Use this to fill your Popsicle sleeves if you don't have time to make drip over ice.
- Do you like your coffee sweet? Mix sugar, honey, or syrup into your iced coffee before you pour into the Popsicle sleeves.
- Add your milk or non-dairy creamer when you are finished making your iced coffee, and mix well! I've been seriously loving an unsweetened almond milk mixed with coconut milk...game changer!
- If you decide to make a few different types in one sitting, make sure to label each push-pop, as they will look similar to each other when frozen. There's nothing worse than reaching for a specific tasting item, and getting something completely different!
The beauty about push-pops is they can be enjoyed just about anywhere! I'd love to see how you are enjoying your push-pops. Snap a photo, and tag it by using the hashtag #OVCKitchen so we can follow along on your coffee journey!